Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Innovative & Cost Effective Housing

Plate 1.1: Interior View- Timber House
Plate 1.2: Front Projection of 4 Bedroom Timber House & Accompanying Others
Plate 1.3: Another Outdoor View
Plate 1.4: The Initial Bare Site on 23 April, 2010


Plate 1.5: A 2 Bedroom House @ Mulungushi Power Station

Plate 1.6: Mulungushi Timber Houses

Construction, be it small scale or large, is an amazing endeavor.
I believe and truly appreciate the fact that what was without colour or character can be transformed by vision, innovation, foresight and a topping of financing into an immense element of comfort and revenue.
In the coming months, I shall post pictures of elements that I have witnessed come to life while I watch and offer a little foresight.
I Start with housing because shelter is indeed liberating.
The current boom in construction in Zambia has led to innovative pieces of architecture all around us. I can go on with the names of places I am liking right now but Manda Hill, Ndola Stadium & our own timber houses at Lunsemfwa really stand out.

Here are some before and afters of these beauties. In these pictures are: the initial bare site, two side views of the constructed timber houses and an interior view is added complete with furniture.

I classify these as innovative housing indeed:
  • proven life span of 50 yrs with a do it yourself maintenance adage 
  • affordable
  • manufactured right here in Zambia
We are indeed moving forward & what a beautiful feeling to see fellow Zambians coming up with such simple yet advanced ideas.

I salute you good people at Copperbelt Forestry Company Ltd.

Cheers.

NMK




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly Zambian

Proudly Zambian
Born and Bred in Zambia, Central Africa, 10101

Pages

Blogs I Follow